Dr. Strangeland or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Taiwan

6.30.2005

Why I'm glad I'm not in Canada right now.

Despite my present situation in Taiwan I would like to state, for the record, that I couldn't be happier that I am not in Canada right now. No, it isn't because of the huge storms suffered by Southern Alberta. It's because the House of Commons just legalized same sex marriages. Now, I'm not saying I'm against same sex marriages. I'm not saying I'm for them. I couldn't give two squirts of piss either way in fact. Do what you want, but do me one favor. Please keep it out of my face. Every website I go to is full of news about same sex marriages. Blogs are full of people for and against this new law. As I sit here in Taiwan blissfully ignorant of the Western situation I can only be thankful that I don't have to sit around dinner tables, coffee shops, living rooms, pubs and other places of social gathering and listen to the person beside me tell me what they think about this new law. So all of you out there who are not in parliament and didn't have a direct influence on this new piece of legislature I ask you to do one thing:


SHUT UP

thank you



Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read my Guestbook!
Sign my Guestbook!
Sign my book NOW