Dr. Strangeland or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Taiwan

2.16.2002

For our last night in Ao Nang we took a boat over to Railay beach and watched the sun set as we ate dinner. It was the perfect end of the trip. They played some nice chill music and the colours of the sky blew me away. I never wanted to leave. It was perfect.

The last day in Ao Nang was surreal. We went elephant riding and then got to hand-feed baby elephants. It was so cool.

After that it was back to town to buy some books and head back to the bus station one more time to catch the over night to Bangkok. The bus was the same going back as it was heading back. But this time they stopped off for dinner at a restaurant. It was supposed to be a free dinner but Adrian and I didn't know we were supposed to show our tickets. And when we went to get them off of the bus, it was locked. So we went to the convenince store for chips and snacks.

Sleeping this time was a little more comfortable and I dozed off around midnight. I woke up around 3 while we were stuck in a traffic jam. 3 in the morning and there is a traffic jam, how wild is that? Then I fell back into a nice deep sleep. Then at 4:30 I was shaken awake by the stewardess on the buss and had a cold moist towlette shoved in my face. What service!

We arrived in Bangkok at 5am and headed to the train station so that we could move on to Ayuthaya. It is the old capital of Siam and we were told the ruins were amazing to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read my Guestbook!
Sign my Guestbook!
Sign my book NOW