Dr. Strangeland or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Taiwan

12.22.2001

It's December 22nd. Cristmas is 3 days away and it feels nothing like the holiday season here in Taiwan.

I am in a city called Hua-Lian. It is on the East coast of the island. It's fairly small and doesn't have alot of great sights. But I did get to see the pacific ocean. And the streets her are absolutely empty in some places. I honestly cannot believe it.

Since there is little to do in this city Adrian and I are killing an hour in an internet cafe. And then we have no idea what we are going to do for the rest of the night. Tomorrow we will be going on a 19 km hike from a city that I can't remember and then we will see Toroko gorge (pronounced Toluga). It should be fairly fun.

The hotel we are staying at is probably the cheapest in the city. And because of that, it is also the worst. We have 3 TV channels. Two beds. Two brick-hard pillows each. And a shower that will probably walk before it spits out hot water. This morning had to be one of the worst and coldest showers of my life.

Before going to sleep we didn't check to see if the windows in the room were closed, and of course they weren't. So it was freezing in the morning. I hauled my ass out of bed and turned on teh hot water. After about 5 minutes it felt relatively warm on my hands. But once I got into the shower I was sadly mistaen. So now I have to decide if I REALLY need to shower between now and Monday night. Hmmmmmm, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read my Guestbook!
Sign my Guestbook!
Sign my book NOW