Dr. Strangeland or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Taiwan

2.04.2002

World weary and sore in the ass!

So after a couple of glorious days in Bangkok Adrian and I are now in Ao Nang. It is gorgeous here. But before I tell you all about it, I guess I should tell what happened in Bangkok for the rest of our time there . . .

I went a had a Thai massage. and man I don't think I will ever leave this country again. It was fantastic! It was only half an hour long and I could have stayed there all day. It was actually kind of nice how it worked out. I am not terrified of having a male masseur, if I had my druthers it would always be a woman. And as I sat waiting for my turn a girl walked by the window and peaked in. I thought she was a potential trying to see if they were open, but it turns out (I think) that she actally worked there. She came in, after very confusing hand talk, and took me to my massage mat. And for 30 minutes I was in heaven and two steps away from proposing. It felt so good and she stretched my back out to a point that it hasn't felt that good in years. Then after my massage she disappeared. So who knows if she actually worked at the place and who cares. It was great.

Then for our last day in Bankok we travelled to the more popular Wats (temples). You have to wear long pants in the Wats so it was a hot day, but the art and decor of the wats is amazing. I have only been in bangkok 3 days and I have burnt through 4 rolls of 36 exp. film. So when I get home there will be plenty of pictures for me to bore you with.

Then at 4:30 it was off to the bus station to catch the 12 hour over night bus from Bankok to Krabi. From Krabi it was a short Tuk Tuk ride to Ao Nang where we found a nice hotel and set off for "The most beautiful beach in Asia." And believe me it is. We were ther nice and early so the beach was fairly empty and quiet. And it is also the first topless beach I have been to :). Fun fun fun. And no that is not where all of my film went.

So it has so far been an amazing day. I have had crab and rice in a pineapple; shrimp and noodles and other amazing food. I have no idea how I will ever make it back to Taiwan. The thought of having to go back makes me almost feel sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read my Guestbook!
Sign my Guestbook!
Sign my book NOW