Dr. Strangeland or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Taiwan

2.02.2002

"One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble"

And . . . 10 kilos lighter.

So I am now in Bangkok. And what an experience it has been so far. We landed at around 10 pm and headed to Khoa san or whatever it is called. Basically the mecca for anyone who saw the beach and wants to try to relive the dream. It's pretty much a party street that tourists head to. So after walking around to find a hotel with Adrian and a guy named Jeff we met on the plane we finally settled in a nice guest house for a grand total of about 5 dollars CDN each. But we got what we paid for. We walked around and had a drink and headed to bed at about 2 am. It was fr eakishly hot and we had no AC. The bed was basically a cement block and the pillow was no softer. So for the next 4.5 hours I tossed and turned and finally got up at 6:45 for breakfast.

Today was a good day. Adrian and I bought our bus tickets to Krabi and we leave Bangkok tomorrow at 6pm and arrive in Krabi at 6am. Then for the rest of the day we went to a huge market at the north end of the city. It was huge an packed and had some nice stuff in it. I bought a soccer jersey because it had Carlsberg on the front. Turns out I am now a Liverpool supporter. Who'd've known it?

After the market we went to the bus stop and got on a bus because we were told it was heading back to the area of our hotel. Well it got there eventually, but it was only after about two hours in traffic with polluted air so think you could use a fork to eat it. I could taste the exhaust of every different vehicle and by the time we got off my lungs and eyes were burning.

We then went to visit some temples and took some pictures. Today we also changed hotels. The new one is a little pricier. 25 CDN between Adrian and I. But the beds are soft, there's ac and the shower has hot water. So tonight should be a nice sleep. Ohhh how I yearn for a nice sleep. It's now 10:20 as I write this and I am pretty much a zombie.

The food here has to be the best food in the world. I had a nice Chicken curry on rice tonight that was to die for.

Speaking of food, there must be something about the Chinese diet. Adrian has gained a few pounds and according to the scale I got on today I have lost 10 kilos since November. It sure doesn't feel like it. Everyone says how slim I look in the pictures that I send home, but believe me I don't think anything has changed. I think the scale is just screwy.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. For now it is time to cruise the internet for a bit amd then go have a good night's sleep. ahhhhh . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read my Guestbook!
Sign my Guestbook!
Sign my book NOW