Dr. Strangeland or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Taiwan

8.14.2004

Quick and Dirty Update

OK, I have been back in Taiwan for almost a whole month now. I seriously can't believe it though. Time has flown by surprisingly fast.

I have been working like a donkey since I got back. I arrived in Taiwan on July 19th at 6am. I started working on the 19th at 1:30am. I have been pulling in 43 hours a week since getting back. But starting next week it will drop down to 35 hours. DAMN! I'm tired. Right now is David's busiest time of the year, so I have classes all day every day. It's summer classes so they will end on August 24th and then starting in September it will be the usual schedule . . . I hope.

Since coming back to Taiwan I haven't had much of a chance to do much travelling. By the time Sunday comes around I am usually too tired, or it is too hot, to go anywhere.

One nice discovery made today was that it is easy to get to costco by bus. People told us so manytimes that Costco is difficult to get to and not worth going without a car. But Adrian and I went there today and got some nice treats that we can't find in our regular grocery stores. My favorite part of the experience was the fact that they have the same hot dogs for sale outside the cash registers. The only thing missing was a nice cool can of Simply Soda. Alas, they didn't have any. But, they did have Kirkland Signature meats. So if I get a hankering for burgers, I know where to go.

Well, I've had a long long day and am off to bed, but before I go I have to mention George W Bush's newest bumbling of the English language. I don't know the exact quote, but it goes along these lines:

Our enemies are dilligent; so are we.
Our enemies never stop trying to find new ways to hurt America; neither do we.

Laughed my ass off when I heard it, cause, damn if he didn't just summarize his last four years in office right there.

2 Comments:

  • do they have those delicious tiny donuts at taiwanese costco's?

    By Blogger bubba, at 11:42 a.m.  

  • I can't wait to move into a new place.
    I know it is a big step to us, but we both agree.
    So..I will talk to landlord and see if we can move ASAP?
    520

    By Blogger Louise, at 1:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Read my Guestbook!
Sign my Guestbook!
Sign my book NOW